Monday 1 April 2013

Double Embossing


Today I'd like to share a technique that I LOVE!  - Double embossing!  

This is where you heat emboss a pattern from an embossing folder.  The effect is fabulous!

I made this card for the Crafty Boots diamonds challenge.



To do this is really simple, run a brayer across a Versamark ink pad and then run the brayer across the embossing folder.  You need to decide which pattern you want embossed and ink the side of the folder where that pattern is raised (If I had inked the other side of the folder then the bits of mine that are pink would be silver, and vice versa!)


I used the Argyle embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot with some Pink Pirouette card stock after inking the folder up using the brayer and Versamark ink pad.  I then did my double embossing with silver embossing powder using the heat tool.

I added a bow from the gorgeous two tone ribbon in the Spring/Summer catalogue and then just mounted the embossed background onto a card base made from Naturals White card stock.


Hope you all had a good Easter and enjoy the bank holiday today!


Stephanie-Emma x


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket




Supplies used:
Big Shot - £87.95
Heat tool - £25.95
Versamark ink pad - £6.75
Brayer - £10.95
Argyle Embossing folder - £7.50
Silver embossing powder £3.95
Two tone ribbon - £6.25
Pretty in Pink card stock              
- A4  £6.25/24 sheets      
- 12" x 12" £5.50/12 sheets
Naturals White card stock
- £6.75/40 sheets

2 comments:

  1. I love this, the embossing looks fabulous and that big bow is so lush.

    Dionne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the technique but keep forgetting to try it! Great work!! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments I love receiving them xxx